Christian Women’s Job Corps (“CWJC”) of Blackshear seeks to equip women, in a Christian context, for life and employment. Women who participate in the program gain self-confidence, purpose, direction, and hope for their future. CWJC offers life skills, job skills, mentoring, and Bible study. It is a ministry of Women’s Missionary Union (“WMU”). CWJC began in 1997 and now has over 175 sites across the United States. The site in Blackshear was founded in 2015 (read article here). The program is free and available to any woman in any county.
The vision of CWJC of Blackshear is to see women in our area living productive lives, growing in their relationship with God, and free from the bonds of poverty. To carry this out we will mentor by word and example, teach God’s word, and train in job preparedness.
Who can enroll?
Any woman who:
- is 18 years of age or older
- desires to improve her life situation
- is willing to commit to the program
What classes will be offered?
- Job preparation
- Computer basics
- Math and language skills
- Money Management
- Bible study
Each semester is 12 weeks long. Classes are held Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 670 Main Street in Blackshear. CWJC does not provide transportation or child care.
We welcome Christian women who would like to volunteer in these capacities:
- serve as an instructor
- be a member of our prayer team
- assist with administration
- help meet hospitality needs
- attend a 2 hour training to be an encourager for participants
To support this ministry financially, tax deductible donations can be made to First Baptist Church, Inc. and designated for CWJC. For more information call CWJC at 912-548-2147 or email us at email@example.com. Click here to visit us on Facebook.
Testimonials from Participants
- “The 12 week program gave me a sense of accomplishment”
- “I felt better prepared for job interviews”
- “We learned from one another – we bonded”
- “Instructors were very professional”
- “First Baptist Church is very nice and clean. It’s a great place to have CWJC”
- “I have grown spiritually and made spiritual decisions”